Monday 23 December 2013

My Memorable Camp Story

  

Every moment I spent on camp was quite memorable.From the day I got to Ikare Akoko till d day I left. That cool village with so many beautiful tourist intriguing sites. The first day I got to camp was a bit hectic  registration wahala + accumulated stress from the long trip. I even forgot I have had nothing to eat and just kept my mind focused on the registration mission. It took me THREE days to register.

 After about 3 days, the main events started with the "under the sun and in the rain" swearing in, of which I know most of us would never adhere to..#laughs..Life continued with the parade and drill sessions. The only thing that made me wake up as early as 4am was the meditation piece that was read every morning. I admired the grammatical construction of each line of every piece. The very simple but mind blowing vocabs used to pass the message and most importantly, the necessity of the topics we had to meditate on. Those moments always stole my heart and I believe it had more impact on a lot of Corp members, Soldiers and the Nysc staff..

The physical trainings and parades was a very vital inclusion during the camping process, although the only part I enjoyed so well was the endurance trek: you would know how important that is if you are an Eko corper and you get stuck in the Eko terrific traffic.

Talking about the people I met in camp....hmmm...that one is a whole long story on its own cos virtually all of them where awesome people starting with those in my platoon to those in the hall where our bunks where AKA hostel... I learned from each one of them in ways they may not even recognize. My mannest man "Jo Chigozie"  tops the list of my unforgettable individuals, I thought I knew how to touch lives positively until I met Jo. The guy can be so sacrificial and down to earth. I also made Mammy market friends who never used their own money to buy me beer..#laughing# but they were still fun anyway.

One thing I admired so much about the location of the camping was the hill right opposite the camp. I always dreamt of being on top of that rock, shouting like someone who just won the Gulder Ultimate Search.

I slept most of the times they had lectures so I just have to put That side apart.
Camping generally was fun and if you should ask me to do it all over again I would only agree under one condition that the RSM and the rest of other soldiers won't have to get involved.

.........Written by Ban Ugonna Ejiofor.


 Ban Ugonna Ejiofor.is an Eko Koppa that camped in ondo state.

No comments:

Post a Comment